These ear clamps offer a wide range of features, making them useful for low-to-high pressure applications, such as mining, agriculture, automobiles, heating & ventilation, food & beverage, dispensing systems, irrigation, chemicals and plumbing operations. These zinc plated / nylon / stainless steel constructed ear style clamps are used with rubber hoses, plastic tubing, electrical cables and welding hoses.
Oetiker Ear Clamps:
- Oetiker 2-ear style clamps are medium pressure and thin wall insert rings having double-ear design for an extra grip.
- They provide 360 degrees uniform compression, as well as surface & constant pressure around the hose, making them suitable for handling thermal and vibrational expansions or contractions.
- These clamps have zinc plated steel or stainless steel construction to ensure anti-corrosive performance.
- The one piece configuration of these ear clamps guarantee a positive and tamper resistant seal.
- These Oetiker ear style clamps are supplied with deburred edges to prevent damages to the hose.
- Further, they are flexible enough to deliver a degree of elasticity, caused by thermal expansion or vibration, thereby accommodating changes in the size of the components or parts being joined.
- Selected models including 167 Series stepless clamps have a patented PEXGrip plumbing connection that grips the tube for easy, fast & secure installation. They offer tongue-in-groove design that exerts pressure by applying radial force continuously.
- The visible deformation facility of Oetiker adjustable clamps provide evidence of proper closure while connecting PEX tubing to plastic fittings in coffee and vending machines and can be adjusted to various nominal diameters.
- Oetiker single-ear clamps are ideal for supporting long lengths of tubing and hoses. They use a mechanical interlock, instead of spot-welding the clamping assembly, to reduce the oxidation rates around the closure elements.
Oferta Motor Ear Clamps:
- These Oferta Motor stepless clamps have AISI 304 stainless steel construction that reduce oxidation reaction on the exposed surfaces.
Dixon Ear Clamps:
- Dixon stepless ear clamps are capable of holding against vibration and pressure or material shrinkage because of changing temperature. They are supplied with a built-in spring action to allow the clamp to breathe without loosening.
- The smooth inner band design of this ear style clamp prevents damage to the hose and the tongue-in-groove design ensures a 360 degree seal.
HCL Fasteners Ear Clamps:
- These nylon and plastic hose clamps from HCL Fasteners are designed for fastening and securing pipes, hoses, cables and tubes even in high pressure applications.
- The brand's herbie clip models have two interlocking tooth jaws that exert twice the clamping force, as compared to the other similar clamps.
These ear clamps are thin wall insert rings that are placed in the ear space (over the end of the tube or hose) and are closed with pincers & clamping tools, thereby bridging & sealing the ear gap tightly, as well as ensuring uniform compression force around the overall circumference of the clamp. Due to the specific geometry of Oetiker ear style clamps, clamping force rises and creates a spring effect during the expansion or contraction of hose material in response to thermal or mechanical influences, such as temperature, vibration, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to properly position a hose clamp?
Hose clamps come in diverse shapes, styles & sizes. However, the majority of them follow the same process for proper fitting on a hose and tube / pipe fitting. Once the hose is pressed securely onto the mating part, the hose clamp is positioned toward the end of the hose, with approximately 1/4 inch space between the clamp and the end of the hose.
How do we tighten a clamp?
To tighten a clamp, squeeze the clamp with one hand so that the end opposite the driver slides into the sleeve holding. Then, turn the driver clockwise with a wrench or screwdriver so that the threads present on the driver engage the slots on the clamp. Continue turning the driver until the clamp securely tightens around the hose.
How to size an ear clamp?
Simply analyse and measure the outside diameter (OD) of the hose installed on fitting. Then, choose a hose clamp in such a way that the outer diameter of the hose is approximately in the middle of the clamping range of the clamp.
Are Oetiker clamps reusable?
Raptor Supplies also offers Oetiker stepless low profile clamps that are reusable in nature. They can be opened and installed multiple times and can be mounted both radially & axially. Oetiker's low profile, universal, screw & profile clamps are also reusable in nature.
How do you remove an Oetiker clamp?
Tools like a rotating or bowl nose cutter or side cutter can be used for removing Oetiker clamps. However, rotating cutters are not recommended as they might tamper or damage the hose while cutting the clamp.
What is the difference between 1 and 2-Ear clamps?
Oetiker 2 ear clamps have a larger clamping range as compared to 1 ear clamps. These 2 ear clamps offer high clamping force and create a spring effect during contraction and extension of the hose.
What types of clamps does Oetiker offer?
Oetiker offers a wide range of clamps including screw, ear, spring, wire, worm gear and plastic clamps.